Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Post SOT thoughts

Today is Day 2 of this week yet I found myself stuck in the transition between the end of SOT to the start of the new career. The next goal will then be finding a good job. Before I move on ahead with the upward call, I would want to pen down the memorable times in SOT so that I would still recall when I look back.

It all started with Pst Zhuang giving an altar call in March 2007, when I was still having my industrial attachment. That was when the desire to go for SOT already started bubbling in my heart. I know for sure right after Graduation in NTU, I would head right into SOT. As to how, its still a big Question Mark.. How to talk to my Dad, how to gather the finances, how to explain to the crowd that I am not going to work until Aug 24. Its a big mental barrier. Yet what seemingly impossible came to be an open door when I decided to ask my Dad one day before the application closed for 2008. Amazingly and miraculously, with the grace of God, he agreed. That was so exciting. I would account that really to the power of God which moves in the realm of the unknown, that was what Pastor constantly preached about in Mar 2008.




The first door was opened. So what's next? How about the second door? The finances? Where am I to get the $1500 for the school fees when I still have at least few months of BF to be cleared and that will be a 3 figure. Somehow in my heart I knew that God will make a way. My brother without thinking had decided to lend him a sum of money for the first two months of SOT. At the same time, my Dad decided to increase my allowance so that I can pay for the school fees. Isn't that the most amazing thing God can do. My Dad was the one who opposed all church activity and yet to SOT he was for it, and on top of that he paid for my school fees. Guess what is the most amazing, I actually gave above the amount for my BF. I didn't know until Zhen called. smiles.. hahah Although I thought to myself, if only I can withdraw.. hHhahahahha TRUST GOD for a breakthrough Sze~!! If God can bring money through me He can bring it to me!!


One of the best things I have gotten during SOT other than the presence of God and the honeymoon with God, is the companion of the lovely friends. They are none other than Ms Leow Hui Mei, Ms Jing Seah, Ms Lim Li Lian and Ms Ho Ying Ling Jessica. They were the ones who make me who I am today. Thank God that I can get to know Chai Ying, Qian Yu, Bernice, Mel, Chloe, Kee Wei, Perez, Zong Xing, Xin Yan, Charlie, Jessica Thian & Peter so much more. SOT is a period of character-moulding. A few major issues are being dealt with in my life. Thank God for these friends who stood by me, encourage me, hear me out. I am the product of their revelation, gentleness, encouragement and their presence.
Jing taught me alot... She taught me how to wait for others (something which I seldom do, I don't really like to wait). She taught me to be on the ball, taking initiative. I just love the amazing attitude she carried. She taught me servanthood and how to love others.

Hui Mei taught me how to listen, to love, to be observant. She also taught me how to prioritize and plan for things. She is a very self-sacrificing woman.. I guess all my good friends are like that. I am still learning. I love and miss the laughter of this woman. Thank God for her.

Jessica is my angel. She is so sweet, yet at the same time she know what to do at the right time. A woman of wisdom. Just love her to bits. Sam, you are really one lucky guy.. Having to marry an angel.
Not forgetting ZhenYing, my dearest leader who stood by me in SOT, in times when I go through fire and chastening, she is always there. Thank God for a shepherd like her who comforts with her staff and corrects with the rod. If not for her, I would not have gone through SOT and be where I am today. Not that I have attained or achieve, but her gentleness has made me great. Thank you for making a difference in my life. N282 rocks. I really love the things you all have done for me. With a cell group like that, what more can I ask. I love you guys..

to be continued....

No comments: