Thursday, January 17, 2008

What have i been doing?

Having fun in FYP =)
Whilst everybody started looking for jobs, me too like everybody is looking for the job and full-timing in lab as a lab-mouse~! Pretty fun! Time to take a few minutes off to share about the people I know from Lab. First of all....Drum roll**

1 Wang Liang--Carries a straight face. He seems to be rather quiet and stern all the time, but when he let out laughter, the weird stares started to exchange within ourselves (the undergrad). He is no doubt a nice guy. He is also know as my Shi Fu. This Chinese salutation was given by huiqing, xueping and yaxuan. hahah Sounds so cheena.. But well, I was being influenced or rather taught to speak this china-culturized language... Shi Fu, Shi Xiong, Shi Jie... Shi...wad.... Yesterday Wang Liang spoke to me about being XI XING (meticulous?careful?) in everything I do in lab. He said that lab is easy, but I need to be more Xi XINg. =) Yeah Thanks Wang Liang. He says he has a higher expectation from me since I am doing the same thing as he does, and of course I have a lesser time than all the rest, and I need to catch up with the pace of huiqing and yaxuan. Well, really appreciate him for always teaching me, giving me chances to make mistakes and learn. The greatest thing One could ever give to others is the chance to make mistake. Of course the one person who will never give up on us is Jesus Himself. He seemed to always be patient and He always focus on my growth and my education rather than my results. Well Wang Liang, too, said that the process and the ability to understand and manipulate the protocols are the learning objective of the FYP, not the results. =) Thanks again brother.
Introducing the thermomixer~!!! The one use to incubate my cells, i mean my cloned cells ... =) I think I know what went wrong for my double digestion.. heehee hopefully it works this time... Pray pray pray~!! Dear God, I pray that I will get the results so that I can send them for sequencing together with XuePing, In Jesus NAME!!! Amen

The icebox~!! WHile looking for the ez competent cells in the Big -80C freezer, I almost frooze thanks to Huiqing for the rescue!! =) Hahah Thanks also for always HELPING ME big time. HuiQing, I appreciate you man...

The heater?? I also dunno its name..wahahhaThis is my lab!! Hahah Taken while nobody is in the lab~!! So crazee, fancy playing with the camera while waiting for the 30min chilling of my cells..

My friend, Ya Xuan. heehee This girl is super gentle and sweet can. hehee.. hor hor, she tilted her pipette.Tsk tsk tsk.. later bacteria go in how? (wahahha) kidding la.

Thank God for HuiQing. Well, she willingly helped us, waited for us, and always serve us. Although she may sound quite cold at times, trust me she is not, she is still someone i am thankful for!

No comments: