Thursday, July 5, 2007

My friend Rosabel


Secondary school days were the days I made the closest friend. Her name is Rosabel. Well.. Who is she? A girl who doesn't really care about image, a 100% sincere friend. Back then, who cares about image? As a cedarian, we were spontaneous, loud, crazy and united.

Who is she? She thought me how to be frank with my personal feelings. Back in secondary1, I wasn't a vocal person, never whom I am right now. Reserved, quiet, very low self-esteem...and I was a very lonely person. I looked terrible, ugly...To me Rosie was a friend who looks very fierce, very noisy and someone who snatched my best friend (YeeYing) in primary one. She is tall, and she had big hair back then. It was only until sec2 that I got to know her better. She is a great basketball player. Yup, you are right, I was from basketball. Never the best player, I only have one talent: perseverance. She and Cynthia were people whom I wanted to be with when I was in Sec 2. I will never forget the day they confronted me , asking me not to stick so close to them, they found me rather irritating. I was cut to heart. Shattered. But that marks the beginning of this friendship.

Sec1-Sec4-the trainings, the horrendous long runs, the basketball matches bonded us together. Me, rosie, cyn and chris. These are the people whom formed the best times I had in Cedar. I think without them, Cedar will not be as fun for me. God, thanks for friends like them. Whenever I was done, although I seldom expressed, they were there for me.

Rosie was in the same class as me. My partner!! I loved sitting beside her. I really cherished the times we went home today, went passed the house where there resided a golden retriever pup. I loved the times we just laughed straight for 1 hr at rosie's bus pass. I love the times we sat and spent time at the canteen. I missed the times when we chiong for our recess breaks all the way from 4th floor to the canteen. Sec3-sec4 We helped each other with studies. Who is she? She is my best sister and still is now.

As we went to JC, althoughh separated to different schools, we were still very closed. There were times that we felt depressed but somehow we got even closer, friendship moved to the level of depth-communication. I shared with her abt my class 25/02, dixon,weeshan,nic....etc. My friends were as good as her friend. At the same time, she would talk to me in front of her friends. She went through a tough season in J2, but I was there with her. Even though its not easy we pulled through.

After JC, she got attached. Well, what happens when your best friend gets attach? I guess you should know the answer. Lesser time, different focus.. but nonetheless Rosie is still my faithful friend who never fails to surprise me in every birthdays. I am very thankful that she is always there. Our perception of life started changing, thinking also changed. Still, we kept in contact, no longer having so much time with each other. From the daily conversation, it turns into weekly sms and finally monthly calls.. and after that...occasional meeting. Friendship stagnated. Its nobody's fault, but its just a period of self realization in separate ways. Well that beauty memory lingers in my heart even till now.

Uni-She was my room mate. :) It wasn't easy staying with someone as we all have different habits. Nonetheless, it pulled us closer together! We slept, eat, bath together. thats was my first year in Uni. After that we had decided to go back to our house to stay, contacts as usual lessened because of the school work and also our personal agenda.

Just recently we go together again! :) We went shopping together. Felt comfortable with her. Just very happy to be with her once again. Back to the simplistic friendship without agenda. Want her to know that no matter what happens, no matter how many best friends she may be having now, i am always here for her. :) Rosie I love you as my sister my friend all the days of my life-an imperfect love.
Hahaha whose legs!!!!

No comments: