Thursday, July 12, 2007

The RUN!

Yeah! The nightmare came alive! Danny had been asking me for the 10K run in Sentosa. His description of the terrain already freaks me inside out, outside in. 1K on Sand, 1K up slope.... and he goes on and on... That was not even a choice to run, it was meant for my information only. That was what Danny said when we met last thursday. I was excited looking forward to it, and started running and preparing for it rather late, last friday. smiles. Full of expectancy for it. Somehow I love the feeling of running fast like how I used to be in the glorious Cedar times. Look at the worn down stamina I had this year, I was rather demoralized when my Dad overtook me in a 2.4K run this year by 200m. I was shocked at the state of deprove! :P I want to fight it back, the stamina, the passion and the fitness. It feels good to run without limitation and perspiring as if water is free.
Entering the gates of Sentosa!!
That is Anqi. A faithful friend who decided to run with me because she just want to accompany me. Thanks Sis, i really appreciate that. To think that running was never a joy to you, you took up the challenge.
He, looking all ready, all happy, for the run..



In the end, we didnt really run 10K i think at most 3K. But it was good to be in Sentosa, running. It was good with the breeze brushing past your face. :)

WE ENDED GLORIOUSLY!!

Having fun in the toilet.

My shoes!!
Danny said, a good pair of shoes that will last me for the run will be Asics. That reminds me..
The shoes of peace. The shoes that will make us ready for the race in life.

How would you run this race? With feet dragging? As a jogger, you can choose to run with strength, that is, lifting up your thighs to leap forward or you can simply drag yourself through.
Alot of times having met difficult grounds, we tend to drag our feet through, we may even stop running not even walk through these grounds. Alot of times when problems occur, every circumstance seemed to be against us, we are trampled by all these seemingly potentially fatal problems. What does God say then?

I came across this in the book that hit me today:

"What then shall we say to these things? If God is fir us, who can be agaibst us?" Rom 8:31 If God is on our side, you are always the majority.

"You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because he hwo is in you is greater tha he who is in the world" 1john 4:4. if the Greater One is inyou, everythintg else you will face in life is less.

smiles. be of good cheer for I have overcome the world.

haha still so energetic after the race.

No comments: