Wednesday, April 16, 2008

A Word in season



Last Saturday Pst Kong shared a word with us which was very in season. It was about seeking the Lord and having a strong prayer life.

No matter how great a meal can be prepared yet if we have no appetite, it will not be savored. How true is that is our personal walk with God. Many a times, we allow things to occupy our life (MSN, blogging, TV, work, friends, sleep, gaming etc) that we had already packed our lfie with our own agenda, leaving no room for God.

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled. Matthew 5:6

  • 1 Chronicles 4:9 Jabez was more honorable than his brothers. His mother had named him Jabez, [c] saying, "I gave birth to him in pain." 10 Jabez cried out to the God of Israel, "Oh, that you would bless me and enlarge my territory! Let your hand be with me, and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain." And God granted his request.

Jabez had such a great hunger for God. He asked God for a few things:

  1. To strengthen his walk with God
  2. To enlarge his capacity
  3. To always be with him to protect him
  4. he never took for granted all the things God has done in his life.

* Convicted to seek the face of the Lord. God could have passed me by if there is no hunger and thurst for Him.

We never be able to reach our maximum potential if we do not have a strong prayer life.

Pastor shared about the days He used to stay in school to study until 10pm in NUS, then he will go back to seek God. He is addicted to the presence of God every single day. He will pray and worship until 4plus in the morning, and he will go to school again. Could he not have sought the Lord, the revelation, the answers God would not be able to speak to him.

I got reminded about coming back to the first love. The days that I would have just sat in the room to wait upon the Lord, to read His word. =) Smiles.

God is so real every single day in my life, even since the start of SOT. There were areas when God spoke to me about, with which the clearest is: to be a God-pleaser not a man-pleaser. Thank you Lord. Competition looked like the key of success in the world, but FAITHFULNESS is the key to succeess.

Thank you Lord. =) I love You. Hugs*

No comments: