Friday, November 14, 2008

Restore to me the joy of Your salvation...

Thank God It’s Friday!! =) Smiles. It has been a tremendous week.
This week went through really fast, without knowing its 7 days more to Asia Conference! It’s just next week. 7 more days to the end of the fast, come guys we can do it. The last lap! I am expecting God to move. Our friends will be integrated, discipled!! CWDS & Eunos revival! CG members moving to the next level~!

The highlight of this week is actually the bible study (bs). During the bs, I was reminded of how I used to be so afraid of sharing offering messages, afraid of leading testimony. I was always lost for words. I could still recall how I blanked out even in sharing offering messages. Then I started to remember how bad I was at giving presentation in school when my peers could do it even without lifting an eye lid. To tell the truth, I never like the idea of public speaking.

In the bible study, as we were all practicing moving in the gifts of the HS, Bro Bob move in the word of wisdom. He asked if there are any of us who are afraid of public speaking. He said “You blanked out and forgot what you want to say. Today, God wants to deliver you from the fear of public speaking, right here right now. If that’s you, lift up your hands. Man… I lifted up my hand, thinking could it be me? But I thought to myself, I thought I had already overcome that fear since nowadays I am better at speaking publicly? But why do I keep recalling all these moments when Bro bob was sharing bs. So I lifted up my hands. He began to bind the devil. Man… I felt the presence of God. Bro bob said “God is moving in your life. The next time when you begin to speak, something different is going to happen. God is going to speak through you.” Wow!

After everything, I went to talk to Bro Bob. I spoke to him about my experience. He said “So that was you la!! =)”

Smiles. Thank God for discerning leaders... Wow. I am so blessed so so so blessed by the Word.

Prior bs, I was pretty much discouraged. But God is faithful even when I am faithless. He never fails.
Your Word is a lamp unto my feet, light unto my path.

Bro Bob also shared about having the power and the anointing of the Holy Spirit. We need it more than anything else. He shared with us how he used to run from school to the bus stop the moment the school bell rang and to the bus stop to board the first bus to the library. Then he will search for the book titled “The Holy Spirit” and he will spend hours reading. After which he will bookmark it and hide it underneath the shelf. He got addicted, addicted to the presence of the Holy Spirit. He used to be a very stonge Buddhist. He was so devoted that he went to temple every week, guess he was already up to be promoted to be a priest of the temple. Until one day, he was invited to a CG, the presence of God came. He didn’t know that was the presence of God. He cried and cried. When the altar call was given by Pst Kong, he responded. God gave us emotion so that we can feel Him. Holy Spirit too, has emotions. Because of emotion, he didn’t care much about the consequences. I mean after which the persecution came rolling in non stop.

I need the Holy Spirit. You need Him too. He is all that we need, all that I desire. Holy Spirit impresses silently on your heart. He hears your thought. I want to know Him more. Do you? =) When He walks in, you can sense His presence. He is likened the wind. His presence drowns out all the worries, the negative thoughts, the criticism, the discouragement because He is peace. He is love and He gives us sound mind. Thank you Lord.

No comments: