Tuesday, December 23, 2008

An unusual sight

That Sat I was given the chance to help out with CCH CHristmas Production. I had an unusual encounter. I was asked to take care of a youth who has lost his sight and his name is Benjamin. Benjamin is 14 years old and he has also lost his sense of hearing therefore he is dependent on the hearing aids.

During worship, the moment he sang. I couldn't help but cried. His love for God is pure and sincere. With all of his heart, he sang, loud and clear. The presence of God lingered in his presence. Though he didn't have all his senses working, but he has a pure heart. Blessed are those who are pure in heart, for they shall see God.

Benjamin looks contented with whatever he has. It sets me thinking... There are a lot of wants and desires, demands and questions we have towards God. When do we truly come with the aim of just seeking God... Nothing else.. smiles.

No comments: