Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Appreciating the people around us

It's really amazing how time can really past so fast and guess what we are already at the 2nd last day of 2008. I could still recall the days when I needed a miracle in the lab for my dear bacteria to clone out the right and exact sequence of the DNA.. I waited for months and months, failed for more than 10 times when people just did it right for the first time. It was discouraging but thank God that everything went on time, everything went alright just before the project was due. Same exact feeling right now, with the anticipation of getting employed after so many trials... Sometimes it can really get really disheartening, but the promises of God are Yes and Amen. His promises are real, He will never leave me nor forsake me. He will watch me with His eye. Smiles. So I am still Hopeful.

Nonetheless, 2008 has been the best year yet of which the most significant period of my life are the times in SOT. It was truly the best!!

The accomplishment of 2008 (The milestones)
Jan - Finally get started with the experiments in late Jan!
March - Completed the FYP, completed Design II major project
April - Finished the final papers in NTU
April - Enrolled into SOT
May - Went for my first mission trip and got into the first car accident on Bud's car
Jun - Serve CCH in a much greater measure
July - Graduated from NTU
July - Minister to people in emotional healing
Aug - Graduated from SOT 2008!!! (Finished reading 10 books within a short span of 5mth which I never did in my life)
Aug - CG multiplication
Sep - Went through an exciting Birthday and an unforgettable September with a series of events...
Sep - First Traffic Offence!
Oct - Help out with CCH with operations
Oct - Serve as counselor ic
Nov - ASIA CONFERENCE!
Dec - XMAS!


I am thankful to God for my brother, for the transformation in his life. Something changed ever since I went to SOT. Cool isn't it? Readers, what are you waiting for? Get yourself enrolled then! He used to be a short tempered person, in the beginning of the year. Look at him now,much more patient, rising up in CG, compassionate and loving. Smiles.. hahah Great is our God.

Thankful for SOT. My life is never the same again. I started having healthy self esteem, look better, love people more, love God more, being wiser and discerning. The things that I experienced are so awesome that given a chance I would still go for SOT man!! I found myself good friends like Jing, Qiu Ping, Yvonne, Chai Ying, Perez, Peter, Zong Xing, Kee Wei, Bernard, Chloe, Bernice, Xin Yan, Wan Xiu, Lawrence, Jodie, Pranee, Juliana, Yun Rui so on and so forth. Not forgeting the stronger friendships that I really treasured with Jing, Jessica, Lilian and Hui Mei. I really missed those days. Heaven on earth. I missed the mission trips, the morning prayer, the morning going to school together, the chionging of assignments, everything. My goal came to past. SOT 2008 is the goal fulfilled. In 2008 I wrote in my goal card, I want to know a make another good friend, and I have found her, Jing. smiles. I think I got more than 1.

Another goal I wrote was to know the people in LYL more. ANd it came to past!! Hahah get to know Felix, Cassandra, Esther, Elizabeth, JiaSheng, Elaine, Jun Yu, Bennie, Jasmine, Melissa......loads loads more. I am simply blessed. I shall begin to write more things on the new yr resolution again!!! hahha

2009 shall be the year I get attached. But before that I want to put career first. BF first, CG, then followed by relationship. Meanwhile, I will pray and believe ba. smiles.
My goal for the CG this year is to raise up more CoGLs, multiply the CoG and multiply the CG. I want to be much closer to every single member than ever before. My goal is to bring my Mum to church. Think it will happen this year.

Lilian is right. The 2 major milestones are SOT and NTU schooling. Design II and FYP were the battles I fought this year. It was a trying yet victorious year. It was really challenging doing the DESIGN II and FYP with no very easy people. It was really tormenting at times. Yet I thank God for friends like HUi Qing, Ya Xuan, Lilian, Cindy, Xue Ping, Wang Liang, Huang Lei and Hong Fang.

Between August to November were the times I learnt how to handle my personal issues and to lean on God. I think I have fought a good fight... hahah I had great friends like Yi Lun, Zhenn, Hui Mei, Lilian, Jing, Yong Siang, Jia Jia, Zhi Peng, Caleb, Calvin who were there as counsel and comfort. Through that I learnt to be stronger, wiser.. I really do.

The year is going to end tml! I am excited with the new year ahead. Greater things are yet to come.


2009 Goals.
1. Love God more and to finish the rest of the Bible not read
2. Get Baptized
3. Bring and integrate 3 personal friends
4. Shed fats!!!
5. Run Stand Chart in Nov (10K)
6. Learn to dance
7. Get a Job in the beginning of Jan
8. Save up and bless my parents every month
9. Read 10 books in the year 2009
10. Have much better complexion!
11. Multiply the CG raise up CoGLs
12. Get attached.


No comments: