Monday, January 5, 2009

Sunday with my parents

It was a whole day with my parents! We went to Tiong Bahru for breakfast, to AH to visit my uncle, to iKea to buy things and went back home to watch Money No Enough 2 on a DVD.

Personally, I was very touched by this movie. The script was very well written. It clearly depicts what facing the families in Singapore. Incorporated the comical and the dialects, yet brought out the true meaning of family bonding. One of the few scenes that deeply impacted me was the one outside the Old Folks Home, when Hui Ge ran away from his mum. Though it looked funny, but I felt the emotions the mum would have felt. The accident nearing the end of the show, which requires the sacrifice of the grandma for transfusion of blood for the young daughter, Stella, put all of us under a thinking cap. If you were Jack Neo in the movie, would you have chosen the same decision? Maternal love is sacrificial and unconditional. As I begin watching, something struck my heart. I want to love my parents and grandma even more. Overall, I think this movie is really a big breakthrough and hope it will go far from here.


No comments: